Story #1
Yesterday at the park, I was sitting on the bench thumbing through a magazine while my girls played on the slides and stuff. I saw a few younger kids show up and I hear Gracey say "hello!" Then I kept hearing "hello. hello. hello. Hey Boy, why are you not saying hello!?" I just kept my mouth shut as I listened to this one-sided conversation of my busy-body daughter and a shy little boy. Gracey then turns to me and asked why he wasn't saying hello back to her. I didn't want to embarrass the boy so I just responded "He doesn't have to say hello if he doesn't want to" with the full intention of talking to her later about how it is impolite to ignore someone.
A few minutes go by and Gracey and this boy are now playing together. Before, I gave the boy the benefit of the doubt and thought that maybe he was unable to speak. That of course was not the case and he was no longer shy and him and Gracey were having a grand ole time.
As we left the park to go home, Gracey turned back around and yelled to the boy. "HEY BOY! THANKS FOR PLAYING WITH ME! BYE!"
And he yelled back "See ya!"
Gracey....my little social butterfly.
Story #2
This morning we were out the door pretty early to make a run to WalMart. As we were loading up the car, we saw our neighbor that lives across the stress getting into her car. We exchanged our good mornings and drove off. Gracey then asks "Where is that lady going?" I told her that I didn't know.
Gracey said "Maybe she is going to church!"
I said, "I don't think so, its not Sunday! She is probably on her way to work!"
I then told her that some moms aren't always lucky enough to stay home and play (a.k.a. work) with their kids all day long like I can.
She thought about that for a minute then said "When I grow up and become a mommy, I am going to stay home with my baby while my baby's daddy goes to work!"
I just thought it was funny that she used the term "baby daddy!"
Story #3 (but not so much a story, more like topic)
If you can guess what Emily said to Corky last night, you earn major cool points. (extremely coveted by the way!)
"DAAAAD! Ee ee it me!"
Of course we knew exactly what she said and we both laughed, then groaned. So begins the rest of our lives....raising two females so close in age.
*You may have to say it out loud to get it.
Update!
My friend Janna wins the coveted cool points! Emily definitely was saying "Gracey hit me!" when Gracey was most certainly NOT hitting her. But like all sister's do (even at a young age apparently) they are constantly trying to get the other one into trouble.
17 comments:
Story number 1 & 2 sound a lot like conversations/experiences that I have had with Zack. Especially #2. Zack wants to know where everyone is going and why.
Is it 'Gracey hit me'?
Janna wins!!!
too cute! my son would totally be the boy that doesn't say anything to people he doesn't know. so shy. oh well...he'll grow out of it.
Hey... I didn't even get a chance!!! I guessed it to though. You know, just for the record. Wow. She's pretty young for that isn't she?
Your girls are going to be so grateful that you wrote things down like this!
Haha, Those are cute stories! I love how she said "baby daddy." Where did she learn that from???
I love kid conversations. Thanks, Janna, for understanding 2 year old, and thanks Morgan for posting it. I wasn't getting it :)
Ha ha
Mike always has kids try to talk to him at the park. If you have juice or fruit snacks he might ask you for some, but good luck getting him to say "hi"!
Andi is just like Gracey and not shy at all! And I am glad to hear she's on top of making her baby daddy work! Funny!
love it
will admit I didn't know what Em was saying, but I'll be more savvy next time!
Mo Mo!! I found you!! I have been trying to find your blog!! Yay! I finally buckled under the pressure and got a blog:) so addicting!! Your girls look as beautiful as ever! I cannot believe how gorgeous bailey looked at her wedding!!! Wow! she has grown up! So sorry we missed it we were in florida!! But we miss you guys! call us when you come to town!
good stuff, but for the record I totally knew what she said! yeah for me!
lol! and just fyi: the boys are always saying that... but mine actually do hit each other. that's the perk of having girls. they are less aggressive. or so i hear. :)
and yay for the cool point! sorry I ruined it so early!
That is totally funny. I love that Gracey is so social. It makes things so much easier.
I like the stories :)
Your girlies truly are cute!
I like the new look of your blog! It looks great!
Wow is that me and Markie or what!
Post a Comment