This morning our lives got a little bit harder. (yes, that is dramatic but I feel dead on my feet I am so tired from it already) Emily finally realized that she can climb out of her crib. Which means that naps and bedtime are a little bit more difficult to deal with. Why can't kids be more like adults and LOVE their naps? I would love for someone to put me to bed twice a day. What do kids have against sleep? This morning I had to watch Emily through the crack of the door for 15 minutes, waiting for her to try to climb out again, just so that I could get that "NO!" in there. I tried moving her into the guest bedroom to her play pen, where she usually takes her afternoon nap, but she would climb right out of that too. I tried putting her in Gracey's bed but she didn't want anything to do with this. This is totally foreign to me. Gracey was able to climb out of her crib a lot sooner than Emily could, but she wouldn't. Gracey was slightly more obedient and so it was never an issue.
As I was typing that it got quiet. I assumed that Em had finally fallen asleep. Nope. She had climbed out of her crib once again.
I know she's tired, she has been up since 5:30 a.m. and yawning every 5 minutes.
Does anybody have any tricks or advice that might help this situation?
3 comments:
I've never actually seen a crib tent, or used one, but I've heard they work really well for kids who like to climb out of their cribs! I think if I were in your situation, I'd be pretty tempted to get one. That would be so frusterating! Kate never learned how to climb out of her crib... hopefully JOnas is the same.
Anyway, check out the crib tents. I found a couple on Amazon but I bet tons of sites sell them. http://www.amazon.com/Tots-Mind-Cozy-Crib-White/dp/B00014PLAY
GOOD LUCK!
Thanks Kristen, that is definitely something to consider. I am going to watch a couple on ebay.
Not that I claim any type of grand parenting skills, but Aspen was the exact same as Emily is being for you. She learned to climb out of her crib early on, and instead of fighting we just put her in a toddler bed. It was a little rough at first, but she finally got the hang of it. A lot of times it was just telling her she had to at least stay in her room and adventually she would fall asleep- even if it was on the floor. With Trev I just sat on the floor by the bed the first few times until he fell asleep. I guess what I am saying is there is some time involved in teaching them the joys of a big kid bed, but once they have the hang of it, you are good to go. It is like they say- if you can't beat them join them. Let me know how it works out!
Post a Comment