Saturday, May 3, 2008

You know it.

We got carpet installed on Thursday. I love it, it turned out better than I had hoped. Wouldn't you know it though, not 2 hours after having the carpet guys leave, (1 hour and 37 minutes to be exact) Emily throws up on it. Am I bad mom for not even feeling sorry for her at the time. I mean, she wasn't dying. She just up-chucked some apple chunks from lunch time. I admit that my first words were "ARE YOU KIDDING ME? On my new carpet?" They probably should have been "Sweetie, are you okay? She forgives me though.

The past few days I have been fighting off the flu. Luckily the only symptoms have been nausea, achiness, and sleepiness. None of the yucky bathroom symptoms showed up (I kept my bowl near me at all times just in case...Heaven knows I wasn't going to puke on my brand new carpets like somebody else did!) Anyone Else's skin hurt when they have the flu? Even the affectionate rubbing on my arm from my husband was painful and I had to tell him to stop.

Lastly, our mail has been being forwarded to our new house for the last month. We have received all of our bills, bank statements, and medical statements (thank you Gracey and your stitches!) You know, all the things that you try to pretend don't exist so long as you don't see them. Well, a few days ago as I was checking our bank account online, I noticed that our credit card was charged for my next Proactiv kit. However, I forgot to change my account information to my new address. I have been anxiously awaiting its arrival, hoping the forwarding works with large packages as well as letters. I haven't received it and can't help but wonder if the new people in our old house our getting a free trial of Proactiv, courtesy of me! If I were them, I suppose I would forward on the bills too but conveniently forget to forward the good stuff. Don't they know that I know where they live? Okay, so I don't think my proactiv was stolen but I do want it soon. Those tiny little bottles of miracle are pricey.

Even though this might seem like a grump post, I am actually in a happy mood. My house is coming together, I got a chance to work on the beginnings of my garden, and I had a really enjoyable evening with the hubby and the kiddos. Just wanted to sit and ramble I guess.

12 comments:

Heather B said...

Oh man, is that called Murphy's law or something? Well, post some pics of the carpet! Hope your proactiv shows up, it is miraculous (and expensive) for sure.

Adventures in Healing said...

I'm so excited for you and your house coming together. I'm positive I would have had the exact same reaction about the throw up though! Don't feel bad. =) And, yes, my skin hurts when I get flu-like too. I hope you feel better soon!

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

How fun that your new carpet is installed! That is awesome! I wanna see some pictures!

I'm with you though - I would forward the bills and keep the good stuff - haha :) Hopefully it shows up soon!

Chrissi said...

Lovely that you got more carpet. Sad about how quickly there was vomit. Do you have a little green machine? Those things are amazing little carpet cleaners. ps- hope you get your proactiv soon. I heard that stuff is amazing!

jaesi said...

funny. why do kids jut randomly throw up? Good think we have wood floors.

Emma said...

What are the odds of Emily throwing up on the new carpet!
And maybe you don't have the flu. The smell of new carpet makes me feel super sick like I have the flu, you never know.

So lets see the new carpet!

Holly said...

YOu gotta break it in somehow!

Jessica said...

The same thing happens to me just after I've scrubbed the kitchen floor on hands on knees..just a matter of time! But I love you for your "grumpy" blog-:)

Lissagerl said...

Of course that was the first thing to happen. haha I want to see pictures!!

~Aimee~ said...

That's too funny about Emily and the carpet. I would totally have the same reaction! Hahaha. Hope your Proactiv gets there soon.

McDuffie Family said...

Sad thing is that I probably would've thought the same thing about the carpet.......hard not to though righ? I get really achey all over with the flu! Yucky! Fun about the house coming together!

Janna said...

morgan, that stinks! man, don't you hate that. seems you (people in general) can never keep the carpets clean... even when they are brand new!