Wednesday, June 8, 2011

"Tangled" No More!

At the beginning of summer, I knew I wanted to have the girls hair chopped off. With all the swimming and playing that we were anticipating, it only made sense. There were tears almost daily when it came time to brush out the snarls. Gracey's hair is SO THICK, that I knew cutting it short was the only option. Emily's wasn't too bad, it is not as thick, but still would get snarly.

Take this picture for example. This was first thing in the morning (6/5/11) Corky brought the girls out into our front yard to examine a turtle. Doesn't that hair look fun to brush through??



They both had long enough hair to donate, so donate is what we did! I knew it would make brushing their hair easier, but it exceeded all of our expectations. Not only was the haircut adorable on them, it was a breeze to comb through!


I will admit, I LOVE long hair and all the fun things you can do with it, but I might insist on chopping it off each summer just like this. Until they start doing their own hair at least.

2 comments:

jaesi said...

oh yes. i had a dumbledore daughter as well, and you can bet right before school started. we cut 16 inches OFF. :)

jamie said...

yea so glad to see you donated it! :) makes me so happy!!! :)

AND they both look super cute with short hair cuts. miss you guys and cant believe how big these girls are getting ;)