Sunday, September 9, 2007

UCLA vs. BYU



We went to the UCLA vs. BYU game yesterday in Pasadena and it was a ton of fun! Crazy though, we were cheering for UCLA! My good friend Andrea married the quarterback and so we were rooting for him! The weather was great, the girls were great, and just getting out of Ft. Irwin for a day was great!


It was funny being surrounded by UCLA fans. Of course, they didn't know we were LDS and they kept yelling things like "Sit down and go to church!" or "Boo-Y-U!" (which by the way was a pretty lame attempt at jeering!) We weren't cheering against BYU, just not really for them. (Corky just said I am rationalizing myself for all those BYU fans out there reading this!) We will cheer for BYU at every other game, just not this one. So of course we were pleased with the outcome! It was a really good game and like I said, the girls were troopers! We especially had so much fun hanging out with our friends after the game and catching up a little.


p.s. To my soccer girls...we were at the Rose Bowl. Quite the memories there, right? The good old World Cup? I could almost see Brandy Chastain running around, waving her shirt around!

11 comments:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Oh Mo you will never believe this. I busted out my soccer scrapbook earlier today and was looking at our pictures from the World Cup. I saw a commerical earlier for the Womens World Cup and it made me miss the good ol' days - hence the reason I pulled out the scrapbook. Funny huh?!?

Those days were amazing weren't they?!?

Jess said...

Okay...your girls are so stinkin cute!!! How old are they?

Heather B said...

How fun! Yeah, your girls are cute! And thanks for the rationalization, I'm a huge cougar fan, and now I see why you were cheering for the other team.
:)
Hey, I don't have your email address like I thought, will you send it to me so I can add you? Thx.

Morgan said...

Thanks! Gracey will be 3 in November and Em is 8 months old.

jaesi said...

What a game to go too. I guess its good that you were rooting for UCLA cause it was pretty sad for BYU. They did have some retarted calls on them though...

.mel. said...

I don't watch football, sorry I know I'm lame! But my friend went to that game & said it was really good. Your girls are sooo cute! Oh and thanks for your comments on my house by the way... your too nice!

Sariah said...

A couple of our bishopric members went down there and out of all the thousands and thousands of people there, they just so happened to sit next to a member of our stake presidency! They didn't even know they would be there! Crazy, huh?

Glad you had fun! :)

Nadine said...

how fun...looks like it sold out. there are so many people there. ah brandi chastain...she's amazing. those were definitely some great memories.

Anonymous said...

Crazy to know that you guys were there too. Um you were cheering for the wrong team. haha It was just fun to be there.

Jessica said...

Seems like everyone was there. Unfortunately we couldn't make it cause Damon had clinic. BOoo

Kristen said...

Your girls are so cute - and that looks like so much fun!